This Information Evening for Health Professionals will:
Inform you and support you as you manage and care for young people in your professional, church and family life
Enable you to show your support for Love for Life as we continue to develop and provide a professional service for young people, parents and all others who care for our young people
Allow Love for Life to begin the process of developing a Love for Life Medical Advisory Group to guide Love for Life in all their areas of work so that all materials are medically accurate and relevant (attendance at this event does not commit you to future involvement in such a group)
Love for Life delivers a suite of “delaying sex centred” relationships and sexuality education programmes to young people in schools and out of schools settings. The programmes are widely accepted across Northern Ireland with over 30,000 young people receiving programmes on an annual basis. Love for Life also delivers relationships and sexuality training programmes to parents/carers, youth workers and others who are working with young people. As part of the overall work;
Love for Life answer questions young people ask via text and email giving advice and signposting as appropriate, e.g.
- What should I do if my boyfriend really wants to have sex with me but I don’t?
- Does shaving remove genital crabs?
- I’m pregnant I’m only 15 what do I do?
- Could you get a criminal record for sending a picture?
- A red lump has appeared on my penis 2 days ago, it is not sore or itchy what could it be, should I be worried?
- 6.2% are regular smokers
- 9% have used solvents or drugs
- 18.5% have been drunk more than once
- 11.3% have had sexual intercourse
- 53.9% of young males have accessed internet pornography at least weekly
- 17% have used their phone to send/receive an inappropriate image
- 33.3% of those who have had sex have already had 3 or more sexual partners
- 90% intend to get married in the future
- 30.5% intend to wait until they are married to have sex
- 83.1% see family as a major influence on their choices
If you are interested in attending this event please follow the link http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/lflinfoevenin4health to indicate your interest.