Love for Life is committed to protecting your data and your privacy. We aim to ensure that any information you give us is held securely and safely. Having a positive relationship with our supporters, clients and partners is vitally important to us and we are committed to working in a transparent, ethical, responsible and honest way.
Please read this policy carefully, along with any other documents referred to in this policy, to understand how we collect, use and store your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you, whether you are a supporter, client or partner.
This policy explains how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, whether this is online, in person or via phone, mobile, email, letter or other correspondence or printed form, and personal information about you that we may obtain from third parties.
Love for Life holds and processes personal details in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is registered with the Information Commissioner.
If you use our websites or any of our services, or provide us with any personal information, we will bring this policy to your attention so that you are fully aware of how your information will be used and disclosed.
2. Data Protection
Love for Life takes data protection very seriously.
As you use our website, get in touch with us, book our programmes, or take part in our campaigns and activities, we collect information. This deepens our understanding of what you are interested in and helps us to improve the quality and relevance of all of our communications.
Love for Life will never share your information with another organisation for their own marketing purposes and we will never sell your information for any reason whatsoever. We know that this is important and want to reassure you that you are always in control of how we use your personal information in regard to marketing and fundraising activities.
We do however need to collect and use your personal information for carefully considered and legitimate business purposes, which will help to ensure that we can run Love for Life efficiently, raise funds effectively and deliver our charitable programmes.
This policy will set out what data we collect, how we will use it, what the legal basis for this is, and outline what your rights are in respect of your personal data.
It’s important that you read the full policy to understand what information we hold, how we may use it, and what your rights are – but if you don’t have time to read it all now, here’s a quick summary:
We collect information from different people who engage with Love for Life (volunteers, donors, prayer supporters, Directors, youth workers etc)
• We collect information that is personal data. Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address, IP addresses or website pages accessed
• We collect information about everyone who engages with Love for Life. This includes, but is not limited to; volunteers, teachers, financial supporters, staff, directors and youth workers
• We collect information to provide services or goods, to provide information, to fundraise for our work, to inform supporters, resource our activities and fulfil our charitable objectives and for administration. This information may also be used for research and wealth screening, analysis, and for the prevention or detection of crime
• We only collect and use information which we need or which you have agreed that we can use
• We are careful with your information and work hard to make sure it is held securely
• We do our best to keep personal information secure wherever we collect personal data online
• We never sell your data and we will never share it with another company or charity for their own purposes
• We endeavour to make it as easy as possible for you to update your information, withdraw your consent, and access your information
• We only share data where we are required by law or with carefully selected service providers who carry out work for us. We recognise the importance of ensuring that all our service providers treat your data as carefully as we would, use it only as instructed, and allow us to check that they do this
• We only keep your information for as long as we consider it necessary and reasonable. Our data retention policy takes into account our legal obligations, insurance recommendations, and accounting and tax consideration
This policy applies to all the digital channels we operate, our use of emails and postal mailings for marketing and charitable purposes, and any other methods we use for collecting and using information. It covers what we collect and why, what we do with the information, what we won’t do with the information, and what rights you have.